This shortcode allows you to add an SFTP user to a site on your server.
Shortcode usage format:
- sudo nodalio sftpuseradd domain.com username
- domain.com – your site’s primary domain/subdomain.
- username – new SFTP username.
Please note: the SFTP user that will be created will consist of the domain and the username chosen, for example:
- Domain: mydomain.com. Username: john.
- SFTP username: mydomain.com-john
- Domain: test.example.com. Username: chris.
- SFTP username: test.example.com-chris
To add an SFTP user to the staging environment of a site, please use the sftpuseradd-staging shortcode.
The SFTP user created with this shortcode will have an auto-generated password which will be printed on-screen and sent to the server admin email. To change this password, you may use the sftpuseredit shortcode.